About Me

My photo
I am one of the most famous female rulers in history. My family ruled ancient Egypt for more than 100 years before my birth in 69 B.C. I am the last ruler of the Macedonian dynasty. My father the great King Ptolemy XII, who died when I was 18 year old, left the throne to me and my brother, Ptolemy XIII.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Politics


Politics
The Han dynasty government was largely characterized by a combination of feudal structures and central bureaucracy. The emperor was the head of the government. He was responsible for creating laws, heading the armed forces as its commander-in-chief and serving as the chief executive official. The Han dynasty’s imperial government system was patterned after its predecessor, the Qin dynasty. A central control was established, meaning that the emperors had full control over all of China. In theory, the powers of the emperor were absolute and unlimited. The emperors had three councilors of state, the Chancellor over the Masses, the Imperial Counselor and the Grand Commandant. Each of the counselor’s main duty was to draft the government budget, conduct disciplinary procedures for government officials and to command and the military, respectively. There were then nine ministers, each of them assigned to head a specialized ministry.The makers of the Han dynasty were credited with being the first politicians in Chinese history to develop a system of training and educating future administration officials.
 
Works Cited:
 
History of China. N.d. Photograph. CrystalinksWeb. 7 Oct 2012. <http://www.crystalinks.com/chinahistory.html>.

No comments:

Post a Comment